Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,740 Posts
Wow! Hold it a mow! It was not me taking the video! I don't want to get into trouble!

Warley could argue that the owner of those videos has made them available to the public without seeking the permission of the layout owners and their publication is not authorised. It should be remembered by all that video taken at any exhibition of anothers property is for personal use only unless you have the express permission of the owner of the property being filmed to publish for public viewing.

A bit naughty when you think about it. The quality of the video may poorly reflect the layouts being filmed and even the exhibition which can impact on their exhibition bookings and future exhibition attendances.

How would you feel if you had invested 1000's of hours in an exhibit and your ability to get bookings and exhibit was influenced on some shaky video?

I'm not being a party pooper buts its worth making the point.

The only people as far as I am aware that were authorised to make a video of the Warley National Model Railway Exhibition was Mark Found of The Railway Channel and certain public broadcasters who were present. At all times Mark asked permission of exhibitors if it was OK to film for public consumption.

Anything published without permission is bootleg and risks being removed if objections are raised.

Unless you have a press pass the advice has to be to seek permission at all times if you intend publishing anything taken at a public event.

In saying all this there is no doubt in my mind that the owner of the video published on TouTube has nothing but good intentions.

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Premium Member
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE if you were filming the punchups over the graded bachmann stuff then fair enough

Did anybody film that?

It would be just about the best advert for Bachmann ever if they could show video of modellers fighting over their products!

Happy modelling
Gary

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.