Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Whilst on the subject, whatever happened to some people's manners...? You pay the entrance fee to walk around the show and watch the layouts, not try to pick things up off them or have a general prod and poke at the exhibitors hard work. I really don't mind letting anyone take photos or even letting suitably interested parties operate, but having a powerful flash go off whilst leaning over the layout to uncouple or someone testing if road vehicles are glued down just isn't on.

If someone is to ask if they can take photos it's a good starting point for a conversation anf they may pick up some information that just can't be got from a few token snaps. I don't know what the answer is, no point in printing a page at the start of the exhibition guide to ask punters to seek permission or not to touch anything because not many read the guide until they get home, and although some layout builders use "Dont touch" signs, I've heard one vandal use the excuse "there wasn't a sign on THIS layout so I thought it would be OK to fiddle with it"....

I remember Pendon never allowing photos to be taken of their work because it may appear sub-standard, now i'm in full agreement with the post above, having "the video camera" effect take place on a layout and the subsequent footage appearing on the internet isn't doing anything to promote tha hard work of a few people or the hobby in general.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.