Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its 1 month to go so i thought it was a sensible time to start the Warley show ball rolling.

I am intending to go to the show on both days, travelling up from Euston.

For the first time a company (well 2 actually) i am involved with have been invited to the show so i have a feeling i will be covering lunch breaks and loo breaks. we have several new products to get ready and i really didnt realise how big a deal it was going to be to get evrything ready. there have already been several very late nights and i have a feeling there will be several more before the show.

Peter

·
Registered
342 Posts
I won't be there for reasons which I can't discuss on forum (too controvertial)

But i hope that everyone who does go enjoys the show and post a few piccies up on here

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (bangerblueed @ 3 Nov 2007, 17:35) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I won't be there for reasons which I can't discuss on forum (too controvertial)

But i hope that everyone who does go enjoys the show and post a few piccies up on here

sorry to hear that bangerblueed. what did you do? upset the RMwebbers??!!

I will post pictures if my camera battery can hang on long enough to take them.

Peter

·
Registered
436 Posts
To all those going really enjoy yourselves and give those of us who can't comprehensive posts!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I didn't go last year, I was actually exhibiting at the aviation show in the next hall along.

Walking through the entrance on the first morning with staff shouting "two hour wait" to all the railway enthusiasts, and seeing the HUGE queue which would have put Disneyland at christmas to shame, I vowed I'd never actually go to the NEC for a model railway show.

I see on the site the guarantee that if you buy a ticket in advance you'll only have to wait 40 minutes in the queue. To be honest when its a 4 and a half hour drive, into that horrible car park system, cram onto the busses, get there, wait, shuffle round in a throng of people....I just don't see it as being a community spirited thing.

The aviation show was just as busy, but far better managed, 10 different ticket booths opened, another 10 people on the doors sorted into 4 separate queues.

To me its just not an enjoyable experience, and I'm in reasonably good shape, still young and mobile. I dread to think what the whole experience must be like for some of the older enthusiasts!

Alex

·
Registered
352 Posts
Im affraid i wont be going this year, i have enjoyed the warley show for many years but decided to give it a miss now, partly for the reasons that AVIONYX gives, but mostly because its become an over rated scrum to get to stands and see anything, and of course you have the the back packers that seem to be at this show in abundance, so every time they move you got knocked by their bags on their backs, no consideration for others atall, the cost to get into the show is fair considering the size of it, but add to that, the parking, & cost to get there it starts to become more and more unviable, i will be looking to see if attendace figures have rissen this year? finaly i wonder how many of the smaller retailers / cottage businesses can afford to be there? but after all said and done i wish the show well.

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
If, on the rare occasion I get "backpacked" I simply give them a decent shove back & then go wash my hands if they have touched the wretched thing !

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Il be making the trip over from the Northern Ireland again this year. To be honest, I don't have a problem with the number of people or the queing system. I can only afford to come over for one show a year and I can't see there being another one that can rival Warley for scope. It annoys me when I hear people complaining about parking or queing when they can drive to the show. What about the rest of us who have to fly?

To some the shows become a victim of its own success. What would you rather have? A show thats not as good but less people go or a great show that most people want to see?

Rob

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
QUOTE What about the rest of us who have to fly?
I think the airport terminal is nearer to the NEC than the car parks

David

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
yes yes....and we have a nice little cable car to get to the nec rather than those 'orrid bus things.....

Then a ten mile hike to the hall....

But we all know what to expect! And most of us keep going back except for a select few who like to complain about silly things like boots, ques and backpacks...are we men or mice!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
I would strongly recommend that advanced tickets are purchased for the show this year. You are allowed in early, you do not have to queue for a ticket, and you get a discount!

Remember that the hall is more spacious than last year permitting many stands to have a longer frontage so it should not feel as busy even if it is actually busier!

Last years Bachmann limited edition show wagon sold out on the Saturday. This year 100 are being held in reserve for Sunday so Sunday early entrants will be able to pick one up if the hurry over to the Warley MRC stand.

Happy modelling
Gary

·
garage hobbit&#33;&#33;&#33;
1,715 Posts
Will be there, never been before and as its the 40th I hope its a good 'un

Its going to be a long weekend for me, as I run a hotel (not under the Humber Bridge any more so I am not a troll now!) and its the start silly season will be working till late on the Friday, then up very early to get to Melton to meet up with me brother and a couple of other members from the MMMRC to share the travel costs then over to the NEC for early doors. ANd with going both days so wll be travelling back to Melton on Saturday to then repeat it all in reverse on Sunday, her indoors aint impressed! To finish it off, 4 days later am been dragged off to a wedding!!

As we are all a friendly bunch, can I surgest a gathering of forum members in the bar or buffet area (if it has one) for a brew and put some faces to the names?

Hope to see you all there

Brian

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
QUOTE As we are all a friendly bunch, can I surgest a gathering of forum members in the bar or buffet area (if it has one) for a brew and put some faces to the names?

Agreed.

Lets start a seperate topic.

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
QUOTE (not under the Humber Bridge any more so I am not a troll now!)

What a long memory you have!

David

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Apart from the two limited edition Bachmann Brotherton Tank Wagons for sale at the show (2 of each per person limit with 100 of each being held back for Sunday) there is another very interesting limited edition wagon on offer.

Charity Link will have for sale on its stand a limited edition HP Sauce Wagon to celebrate HP Sauce and to mark the closure of the HP Sauce factory in Birmingham. These are limited to 250 examples and sales are strictly limited to 1 per person.

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
Forgive this rather oblique feedback to the Warley organisers but I would like to let them know that the first class letter they posted last Thursday evening (15th November) containing my advance tickets arrived safely if exceedingly late in this morning's post (20th November). I estimate I live about 100 miles from the NEC.

If anyone else is wondering where their tickets might be, I suggest they are stuck in the same snail mail pipeline.

David

·
Ian Wigglesworth
750 Posts
Hi,

I wil be there on Sunday, not been to Warley before, so going with an open mind.

I have been there in Hall 5 with our company, showing our thermoforming machines so know what it's like to set up a stand..and take it down again, organsied chaos!!!

There are a few resturants in Hall5, I have a feeling they will probably be packed!

Ian

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
QUOTE Forgive this rather oblique feedback to the Warley organisers but I would like to let them know that the first class letter they posted last Thursday evening (15th November) containing my advance tickets arrived safely if exceedingly late in this morning's post (20th November). I estimate I live about 100 miles from the NEC.

If anyone else is wondering where their tickets might be, I suggest they are stuck in the same snail mail pipeline.

David

I will pass that information on. Organisers do review comments made here!

Happy modelling
Gary

1 - 20 of 79 Posts