Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
garage hobbit!!!
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With 10 days to go, are we going to have a meet up again this year?

I am going both days with me brother (like last year)

Brian
CME Milldale

·
Registered
92 Posts
yea a meet up should be arranged like last year, was nice to meet everyone

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Is this a meet up for anyone or is it just between a select few. I would like to meet up to say hello to be able to put faces to names.
I will be there on the Sunday. My wife will be with me will that be a problem!!

Kind regards
Paul

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
hello there

no problem at all. evryone is welcome.
I suspect there will be about 10 of us. that has been the case for the last couple of years. its nice to have a group picture to put faces to names.

Mrs mardon37s would be very welcome.

I will try and bring one of the models from my bench with me.

Peter

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Thanks Peter that is very kind. I would very much like to meet you all to say hello.
I will keep an eye on this topc to confirm the details of where to meet and what time.

Kind regards
Paul

·
Registered
92 Posts
if i remeber it was the same time and place as last year

·
Registered
92 Posts
i knew it was one of them because my self and sean nearly forgot about it lol

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
if you are going by train do take a moment to check the disruption. the WCML is (how can i put this?) screwed.
chiltern are running to moor street but you might have to get a bus from there to the NEC.

i am getting visions of queues of truly biblical proportions! 18,000 people visiting the show. lets say half go by car. 9,000 people all trying to get on a bus that runs evry half an hour!

check this out.
http://www.thewarleyshow.co.uk/rail_travel.html

I am going by car on the sunday and i am hopeing my father will drop me somewhere on the chiltern line to get back to London.

Peter

·
Registered
92 Posts
im planning to go there on the train, as its only just up the road from me, but i will double check anyway

·
Registered
92 Posts
im getting it from melton to coleshill station and then by bus to birmingham internation(NEC) should take about 1hr 30 mins and the bus travel is only 20 mins

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
I'll be there again this year, from about 2 on Saturday and all day Sunday. Is the meet up planned for both days Peter?

Rob

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Bro and I will swing by the loco at 2 again both days, will be good to see you guys again

Andii

·
Registered
92 Posts
ill definately be there saturday but hopefully ill be there on sunday too

·
Registered
233 Posts
If you are all going to meet by the loco, how will you be able to tell 'who is who' and isn't that the same meeting point of RMweb and other groups?

Just asking

72c

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Good point 72c. Perhaps we could all make a small badge with our usernames on or just MRF.
What does anyone else think?
Kind regards
Paul

1 - 20 of 23 Posts