Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Sorry John, like the look of Tillig track and use International Models on a regular basis, but as I'm modelling 4mm OO gauge, HO track is a non starter for me.
Still, maybe one day Peco.................

·
Registered
370 Posts
In answer to the question posed by oakydoke, I'm using Peco code 100, ballasted by the usual method (but with N gauge ballast) and weathering with rust coloured paint applied with a small brush.
Not accurate to scale I know, but gives a good overall impression for my scenic layout. I will change one day, when someone points out an easier, more realistic and cheaper (in that order) system.
Until then, I'm enjoying myself anyway, so who gives a damn?

·
Registered
370 Posts
In reply to Oakydoke, yes my comment was meant to be a sarcastic dig at the total anomaly that is Peco Streamline. Just because the gauge is wrong, I don't see why the sleeper width and the sleeper spacing need to be a cock up as well. Surely after so many years, Peco could have amended these, as the "new" version would still be "plug in compatible" with the current design.
Peco portray themselves as forward thinking, but are still stuck in the 20th century (early part) on some things.
To say something nice about them - they are responsible for the continuing survival of a number of accessory manufacturers and there is a nice view from their headquarters.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.