Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking through the Weinert catalogue here;

http://www.blaetterkatalog.weinert-modellbau.de/

and noticed a lot of interesting models, however I haven't noticed a UK stockist and even the German shops like Modellbahn-Kramm only stock a hand full of items.

They do many nice car/traction engine models but are they ready built or are they kits you needs to paint etc?

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Simon hi,

In the UK I have dealt with a company called "3 point 5" for Weinert bits and pieces.

Owner is a chap named Malcolm Horne, can write to him thru : [email protected]
I was quite happy with the service.

Later on I shifted to " lokpavillion Dresten " at www.lokpavillon.de and finally to Kramm.

You have seen the whole catalogue , Its not easy to keep everything in stock, even for big German shops like Kramm. So at the end of the day they all pass your order to Weinert and await its arrival than pass it on to you which takes some considerable time.

Baykal

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Weinert seem to do batch castings, so if your item is sold out, you may have to wait until the next production run.
I also use 3.5 in the Uk.
Peco do not distribute Weinert products by the way.

David

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Weinert is the sole distributor of Peco in Germany.
Both in Nurnberg & Dortmund fairs Peco products were all exhibited in Weinerts stands.

Baykal

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the feedback, I'll ask at my local shop this weekend before trying that 3 point 5 place.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts