Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Administrator
10,694 Posts
I am so glad you persisted at posting photos, they are worthy of the effort you put in. They show some great modeling. I am particularly impressed by the Goon river bridge.

David

·
Administrator
10,694 Posts
Very nice

David

·
Administrator
10,694 Posts
QUOTE Well done on the classic "Standard LNWR building" look of the station buildings.

For anyone else interested in putting together an LNWR building, Parkside Dundas have a small range of panels with which you can make up LNWR stations buildings - See them here

David

·
Administrator
10,694 Posts
Sorry about the link. I didn't mean to give offence.

QUOTE I would say to anyone else contemplating building an Ex LNWR station to give scratch building in cardboard a go, its very rewarding, easy, and a heck of a lot cheaper !!! .Watch this thread for a blow by blow article on this subject when it is completed.

That will be interesting as I am considering making one of my stations either joint MR/GNR or LNWR/GNR.

David

·
Administrator
10,694 Posts
I love the look of your station Tony.

QUOTE Where did you get the 'chad' from ??. I know NZ is a little behind the times but surely not that far !!.
I can confirm that the pieces of card which got punched out on computer cards in "ye olden days of computers" were known as chads. I used to have a tin full of them somewhere which I blagged from the university computing department. I don't know how they were given this name but it was also used in the US and played a prominent part in the first election of George W Bush in 2000. "Hanging Chads" anyone? Here's a Wikipedia entry on paper chads

I seem to remember my father telling me of a UK cartoon character from the 40s named Chad - the character was similar to Kilroy in the US?

David

·
Administrator
10,694 Posts
Very nice Tony

You could always put some beer barrels in your undercroft ala St. Pancras?

I agree about the range of classic cars. I've been taking the opportunity to get them while they're hot but I have to use Wikipedia to check for dates as they're from a bit before my time

David

·
Administrator
10,694 Posts
First, may I wish you "Many happy returns of the day", that's quite a milestone you've reached.

QUOTE I have opened an account with 'You -tube" and we are trying to work out how to post these to the forum .

It is actually very easy to embed You Tube videos on this Forum, so easy that you can do it by hand. The hard parts are a) remembering what to do and
showing you what to add to your post and have it visible rather than interpreted literally if you see what I mean.

So here goes....
What you type will look like this in your editor as you create your post
CODE

The only difficult bit is getting the unique reference number. If you collect the "URL" stuff at the top right of the video page on YouTube, you'll get the number at the end of the line and not too much "fluff" to remove at the beginning.

I look forward to seeing your videos

David

·
Administrator
10,694 Posts
Thanks for posting the photos Tony, I've enjoyed looking at them.

QUOTE not his usual good-looking self as he had just forgotten to switch the points resulting in an express
running into the rear of another express standing in Eccles Junction station

I've done that rather more often than I'd like
I'm relieved to hear that there's been no damage done.

David

·
Administrator
10,694 Posts
Very nice

Thanks for persevering in your efforts to post videos, it's great to see your layout in action.

David

·
Administrator
10,694 Posts
That's a great looking section of scenery there Tony. I love the green bridge.

Good luck with the rest of the clear out. Thanks for posting.

David

·
Administrator
10,694 Posts
That was an entertaining read Tony, and I think your locos look great

David

·
Administrator
10,694 Posts
Nice video; thanks for posting it

David

·
Administrator
10,694 Posts
Great viaduct Tony
and see Jubilees on top is the icing on the cake
I'm rather partial to Jubilees.

David

·
Administrator
10,694 Posts
QUOTE It's an odd thing about the "greenness" as David ( dwb) remarked on the same effect on the Goon River bridge, must be our camera

That's quite possible. My Fuji is inclined to have too much blue.

David

·
Administrator
10,694 Posts
It's always nice to see some "before" photos because that's as far as a lot of us get. Knowing that it is possible to create something which looks as good as your viaduct (hopefully) is a great incentive for pressing on.

Thanks for sharing these photos

David

·
Administrator
10,694 Posts
I always enjoy seeing your photos Tony - keep them coming

David

·
Administrator
10,694 Posts
QUOTE David ( DWB) May notice that the bridge is more blue than green!!!

It is indeed. If that's one of your scanned slides then I think my theory that digital cameras sometimes get the colour balance wrong may be on the right track.

Please keep posting photos; I do enjoy seeing them and I don't like to interrupt the flow of a topic too much saying very nice every time... it's a hard balance to strike though as I know how long it can take to put a good post together and seeing few responses does make you wonder sometimes but there's always the view count...

David

·
Administrator
10,694 Posts
It's always a pleasure to see photos of your railway and locos Tony

David

·
Administrator
10,694 Posts
It's great to be able to see the detail on your station building and the video was great too

David

·
Administrator
10,694 Posts
QUOTE I still think these Jubes were fine looking locos

I couldn't agree more. Despite my model being LNER (ex-GNR) based, I have somehow acquired three Jubilees so that they are the best represented class of any locomotive on my layout - so long as don't count my wife's pair of SBB Re460s which together with my own makes 3

It's nice to see that Hornby Dublo 8F too. I bought a Wrenn 8F simple because of the rivets on the tender....

I look forward to the next instalment.

David

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.