Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
QUOTE (10001 @ 16 Apr 2008, 22:15) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sorry about that .Obviously not doing it crrectly . Will try again later!

Believe me, I still can't get links to work let alone photos - you're not alone!

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
Thanks for the offer Tony, but I actually managed a link all on my own!!

It was worth your effort I really think your trainset deserved it..

- i wondered what GVR stood for.....the next train for Seagoon will be leaving shortly.........................

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
Thanks for sharing that with us Tony, I'll take your word for the scale discrepancies, but to my mind it looks like a Stirling single.

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
I really like the look of the village - there's no substitute for originality.

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
I'm so glad I'm not the only complete nut case on the forum - excellent work and I love your sense of humour!

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
QUOTE (10001 @ 6 Sep 2008, 01:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The busy- bodies have been gosiping about the strange antics of the Boy Scouts not knowing that they are all going for their Ornothological badge ( Bird watching ) and the scouts have heard of a family of Parus caeruleus caeruleus ( if not sure Google it!
)down the track over the tunnel.

Must be something to do with the weather!!

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
QUOTE (Brian Considine @ 21 Oct 2008, 12:57) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice varied tunnel mouths - I really did like the "lion" ones.

Funnily enough I preferred the road bridge by the tunnel - looks good and not often modelled.

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
QUOTE (Brian Considine @ 21 Oct 2008, 17:34) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I liked that one as well - reminded me of Dover (cue BRITHO for an exact location, OS map reference & how many bricks in it).

Know the one you mean - never actually counted the bricks though!

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
QUOTE (10001 @ 25 Oct 2008, 09:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Britho and Brian . Dover eh , must be the white cliffs!!

If Britho would like some Southern scenes, these are specially for him.

Hi Tony

We actually live a few miles from the White Cliffs but within easy access!

Thanks for the photos, I have no need for an M7 (although they are attractive) and am still looking for a mogul in BR black at the right price.....

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
Lewis who?

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
Excellent work Tony, you are certainly capturing the feel of the thing.

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
QUOTE (10001 @ 19 Feb 2009, 01:04) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The signage was produced by my excellent photographer and computer adviser and replicates the pre-war frontage of the LMS ferry station at Gravesend ( ex London Tilbury @ Southend Railway)

I didn't know that the LMS snuck across the river!

Excellent work Tony and an inspiration to us all.

Incidentally somewhere I have got a book which throws up several theories about Chad and Kilroy.

regards

·
Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
QUOTE (10001 @ 25 Feb 2009, 02:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have just Googled under Gravesend Ferries and unearthed plenty , including the fascia of the ferry station ( no trains!!!) proclaiming "London Tilbury @ Southend Railway. Definitely worth a look.

Certainly was - there's a lot of good info there.

Cheers Tony

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
That sure is a pretty little loco Tony, I'm always ready to see more of the same.

Hope motivation and health soon return in full.

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
QUOTE (10001 @ 19 Oct 2009, 09:45) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>JENSON BUTTON ON THE BUTTON
In the first picture Charles and Rodney have raised the flag in honour of Jenson Button's great achievement in motor sport

Nice one Tony, glad to hear there's a bit more mileage after the overhaul.

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
Nice one Tony, a good chuckle is always appreciated.

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
QUOTE (wolverton bloomer @ 3 Dec 2009, 11:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Happy Birthday from a cold and miserable blighty!

I'll second both of those sentiments and add it's now tipping it down!

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,779 Posts

·
Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
Tony,

I've now had a bit more time and found this one of the real machine:

http://www.nebpgod.fpic.co.uk/p63285423.html

Interestingly the bus in the last post (SFJ 904) may have belonged to them as they certainly had 908.

Any use?

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
Nice link on the company Trevor, I didn't get that far!

Regards

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.