After my lovely photographic assistant and I had finished filming Sir Herbert Walker and King George on post no. 620, we decided to experiment with our old camcorder (Sony)
to make a video for the forum.
Briefly was not the word, because it has taken us a week of spare time uploading and downloading and uploading again in an effort to get it from camcorder to windows movie maker and then to
Photobucket vids and then to youtube , but it would not transfer to forum because of an error.
I'm sure this can be done less stressfully and faster. So any tips from our more computer compatible members would be gratefully received.
We eventually , through the strenuous efforts of my lovely photographic and computer expert, we have now succeeded in our endeavors and it is shown below
Just as we were about to start filming, we discovered that the stars of the video would not budge.
My lovely photographic assistant ( and computer expert) obviously eager to obtain more Brownie points, suggested that a wire had come loose.
Sure enough a quick search revealed that a feedwire had come adrift and a quick solder job was called for.
However I soon found out that I needed another pair of hands and my close up spectacles to complete the exercise.
My lovely photographic assistant (and computer adviser) quickly volunteered her assistance. I gave her the solder iron, which she expertly flourished, dipping the end into the flux.
picking up a nice shinny blob of solder and transferring it on to the troublesome feedwireand track. Lo! and behold everything now worked.
As a consequence of her success she now wishes to do more soldering. If I agree than she will allow me to purchase another engine.