Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At this point there is nothing to show apart from some card, sketches, a piece of plywood and a wrecked 4 wheel wagon, which as you would probably agree is not going to make an interesting photo.

As I promised (threatened?) in my last topic this is going to be an on going project for a while and is already providing me with a few headaches - even at the planning stage.

So what is the plan and, more importantly why. To deal with the why first it is all Piermasters fault as he palnted the seeds and as the remains of the site are only 150 yards from my front door it was going to be easy to get the basic dimensions. The plan is actually to make a working model of the Margate cliff railway which closed in the mid 70's, hence the question about winches.

As is usual in this sort of thing unformation is scant but I have actually sourced some photographs from the local history society.

Oh well onward and upward!

Regards

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 12 Mar 2009, 04:39) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>At this point there is nothing to show apart from some card, sketches, a piece of plywood and a wrecked 4 wheel wagon, which as you would probably agree is not going to make an interesting photo.

Regards
I don't know about that Dave. I like threads where you can watch a project grow from scratch, besides some members may be interested in coffee tables.

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
QUOTE some members may be interested in coffee tables

We have a very nice coffee table which currently supports an LGB Harz 2-6-2T and coach sitting on the only 4 feet of 45mm gauge track we own.... I'm always interested in coffee table designs

David

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
You cant be having anymore headaches than me, Ive yet to even clear the spare room in preparation for coffe table production!!!!
Keep us posted, and what shows will you and Brian be at in the near future?
Steve

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (dwb @ 12 Mar 2009, 09:58) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We have a very nice coffee table which currently supports an LGB Harz 2-6-2T and coach sitting on the only 4 feet of 45mm gauge track we own.... I'm always interested in coffee table designs

David
We've got a nice one made from an Indian studded door just visible in the left of this picture.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (Madkitten @ 11 Mar 2009, 18:29) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Kewl i know it well - is that the one in cliftonville near the lido........

What scale are you going to do it in ?

It is indeed the one by the old Lido, easy for me to get to for checking, the scale will be 1/76

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 11 Mar 2009, 21:37) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>some members may be interested in coffee tables.

Another thread diversion, hmm, well actually said table was liberated from my old office in Ramsgate when deemed surplus to requirements...

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nikki

Thanks for the second link - I hadn't found that one.

Regards

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
QUOTE We've got a nice one made from an Indian studded door

That does look nice Neil

Does anyone know of a foolproof way to keep yoofs / young adult feet off coffee tables apart from amputation??

QUOTE Another thread diversion,

I thought it said coffee table in the title and in line with the rules of "Just a minute" it's allowed?

Apart from the coffee table, it will be interesting to see how the cliff railway develops.

David

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Well hopefully this will let you see the progress made so far, not that in my opinion there is anything remotely interesting in a picture of my coffee table! Having said that what can now be seen is, I hope a piece of plywood (ex SL mark one fiddle yard), with the first section and a fine assortment of junk to boot.

Now to see if it works!!

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Odd - I could see it when I posted it, but can't see it on this pc. Hmm

Regards

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
I didn't realise there was an image until I looked at the source. I've retyped the img tags - there nothing obviously wrong with them - and now it works for me. How about everyone else?

David

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
just a small white box with a red X in it!

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
QUOTE just a small white box with a red X in it!

O 'eck. It's still working for me.

Can anyone else see it?

David

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
White box with the red x for me too, but when I copy the source URL and open in a new window it works fine, strange.

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
I've picked up the URL from the visible image in my browser using right click - Copy Image Location. Then I've pasted it into the source of Dave's post using the editor's IMAGE icon and I can't see any difference ?

I think we need a web expert to explain this one. I'm using Firefox if that makes any difference?

David

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (dwb @ 21 Mar 2009, 04:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I didn't realise there was an image until I looked at the source. I've retyped the img tags - there nothing obviously wrong with them - and now it works for me. How about everyone else?

David
That's bizarre!
I did exactly what David did and it worked. I couldn't see the image in Dave's post until I went in to edit the post and came out. I didn't actually touch anything, Ijust wanted to confirm the image codes were correct and when I came out there was the image where before there had been a red cross. I'm using IE8 by the way.

1 - 20 of 158 Posts