Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey folks, as some of you will know, im in the early stages of building my model railway ---- an n gauge winter scene, german outline/setting layout. its going to be on 3 levels and i wonder what you experienced modellers think of using this system to support tracks....

im not going to lay the track directly onto this stuff, but cut and glue 2mm thick balsa wood onto this ... using the blocks for support and lightness) and then glueing the track into the noch foam with-ballast-already-in-it trackbed ... then glueing the noch foam onto the balsa wood if that all makes sense!. then cover it with white snow-powder and a little glitter!.

i hope u like the foam system - coz iv bought a few boxes of the inclines already! lol.

btw, the pics r just of the system - not my layout!.

·
Premium Member
6,202 Posts
Hi Db,

The Woodland scenic inclines you have work well .... i have seen them used to good effect on a few layouts covered in plastercloth a very useful item another consideration is to use a track bed combined with them.

Look forward to seeing you make a start on the layout

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
It looks like very stuff. I have always wanted to do a snow scene I think they look great. Maybe I should do a little diorama.

Keep us posted mate with lots of piccies!.

Kind regards

Paul

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (madon37s @ 4 Mar 2009, 19:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It looks like very stuff. I have always wanted to do a snow scene I think they look great. Maybe I should do a little diorama.

Keep us posted mate with lots of piccies!.

Kind regards

Paul

hi paul! ... just got back from my hols today and hope to get a little progress over next few weeks - ill post fotos but not on here as my pics r causing chaos coz i cant resize them! ... so will post to a foto-hosting site (photobucket) and put the links up for u to follow!.

glad u like winter scenes, me too, with lights in the buildings! all adds to the effect!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts