Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently returned to the world of model railways after probably the best part of 20+ years, and I seem to remember there was a pretty good supplier of metal kits, for things like a GWR water tower, called I think Mike's Models? Have they been taken over or gone out of business? Alternatively, if people know of other suppliers that might be able to help I would be grateful for the info.

thanks,
phil

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Mike's Models tended to produce a lot of narrow gauge OO9 scale kits.

I very vaguely remember reading something in Model Rail a while back that Mike's Models products had been absorbed into the range of somebody else as Mike had retired. It is the Mike's Models of Swansea I presume.

Now I may be right and I may be wrong and it may have been something different altogether but it does seem to ring a bell.

This is a telephone number taken from a Swansea business directory so it is in the public domain - 01792232264

Holt Model Railways of Swansea seem to share the same address and telephone number as Mike's Models so you should get an answer. Please keep us informed.

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Registered
334 Posts
if you go on to the site holtmodelrailways.co.uk then you will find some Mikes Models stuff on there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Bilbo and Gary - indeed you can find a number of Mike's Models item at the Holt Model Railways site - short url is http://tinyurl.com/9vrgw. Unfortunately I couldn't find the water tower but there are other items of interest.

regards,
phil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts