Merchant Navy original SR/BR
0-10-0 Licky Banker MR/LMS/BR
0-6-2 Webb Tank Loco LNWR/LMS/BR
2-4-0 Chopper tank Loco LNWR/LMS/BR
4-6-2 A5 Tank Loco GCR/LNER/BR
4-6-0 Star GWR/BR
4-4-0 Earl GWR/BR
4-4-0 Schools SR/BR

Isn't it amazing that whilst the Euros have run out of steam outline locos to create new models from the manufacturers of British outline simply have only just scratched the surface and yet hesitate to go for anything new in this area prefering to play it safe by upgrading the current range. There is a desperate shortage of decent quality small tank locomotives. More like the M7 is desperately needed. On the other hand the bean counters red pen probably strikes an absolute knock out punch in this area.

Happy modelling
Gary

·
DT
4,794 Posts
I would be keen on anything ready made similar to the loco in my signature below. I have 3 or 4 in kit form that probably will never be built...

Any Garratt - British, South African, Australian or Asian...

Also, 19D, 15C, S1 etc.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Well the Australian Garrett I can help with. Go to www.arkits.com.au for an etched brass and white metal kit of the NSWGR AD 60 4-8-4+4-8-4 Garrett. These have twin motors driving NWSL gearboxes. or the easy option is to go to www.eurekamodels.com.au for a ready to run model. These are DCC ready or can come sound equipped using a QSI decoder. Some will like it but not me I prefer the first option.

Ozzie21

QUOTE (Doug @ 8 Nov 2006, 19:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I would be keen on anything ready made similar to the loco in my signature below. I have 3 or 4 in kit form that probably will never be built...

Any Garratt - British, South African, Australian or Asian...

Also, 19D, 15C, S1 etc.

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
S&Djr 7F
LMS Garret
Johnson 0-4-0 Tank Loco MR/LMS/BR
Class E4 0-4-0 Tank Loco GER/LNER/BR
Class G5 0-4-4 Tank Loco NER/LNER/BR
LNER Steam Railmotor LNER
Merchant Navy original SR/BR
0-10-0 Licky Banker MR/LMS/BR
0-6-2 Webb Tank Loco LNWR/LMS/BR
2-4-0 Chopper tank Loco LNWR/LMS/BR
4-6-2 A5 Tank Loco GCR/LNER/BR
4-6-0 Star GWR/BR
4-4-0 Earl GWR/BR
4-4-0 Schools SR/BR
GWR Dukedog
GWR City Class
LMS 4F - loco drive
LMS 2P - Loco drive
LMS 4P - Compound
LMS 3F

·
Registered
94 Posts
GWR 14xx With an Autocoach
LMS Jinty (I know Hornby do one. But why are there so many in BR?)
LMS Garrat

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
I'd go with the Garrats too, preferably the SA and Ozzie ones.

Also a BR Blue A4, a streamlined blue Duchess.

A metal bodied BR05, a DC version of the Maerklin Rheingold set.

A ready to run version of the Victorian Railways Sprit of Progress with accompanying coaches.

All the above with digital sound.

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 8 Nov 2006, 21:46) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>A metal bodied BR05, a DC version of the Maerklin Rheingold set.

Now wer'e talking Neil - best we both start saving up then. Of course the streamlined version first & then on to the others ..........

(I have an original Lilliput S/L with the Olympic Rings on the tender & the unmentionables on the smokebox).

best regards
Brian

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE GWR 14xx With an Autocoach
LMS Jinty (I know Hornby do one. But why are there so many in BR?)
LMS Garrat

The Jinty is produced by Bachmann and is a superb model I sugguest you check it out at your local store.
The Garret is already covered in our list
I thought that Hornby did the 14XX or is that anolder model ?

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE I have an original Lilliput S/L with the Olympic Rings on the tender & the unmentionables on the smokebox).

I saw that on Ebay once, it looked awesome. My current ones a Lilliput (without the Olympic logo) but I wish I had paid the extra and got the Trix one. It works fine but sounds a bit rattley. I guess thats why I got the Brawa BR 06 to compensate. I notice that they don't show the unmentionable when they put on the appropriate regalia on EpochII locos and coaches. Is it because thats banned in Germany?

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
QUOTE I thought that Hornby did the 14XX or is that anolder model

They do but not linked up to an Autocoach. Considering the age of the Hornby (former Airfix) model it still looks good. If you could link it up to an autocoach with some discrete wiring you could produce a DCC package.

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
should be easy enought to do, I would think you can cram a decoder somewhere in the 14XX , water tanks,coal bunker, cab roof, cab floor. I'm sure that Hornby also do an auto coach ?

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Some comments on the MRE site postings have suggested a J69 0-6-0T model - I'd love to see a model of 68619. This was the pilot at Liverpool Street station in the late 1950s early 1960s. Done out by Stratford works in GE blue with both BR and GE crests, it was quite a sight as the crews kept it gleaming with polished pipework etc.. Alas it was not preserved, but its colleague 68633 is, at the NRM.
Regards,
John Webb

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
How abouy an industrial tank loco for example an Avonside or a Barclay?

Regards

John

·
Registered
122 Posts
I would very seriously LOVE to see a series of the 'Tilbury Tanks' of LT&SR, similar to the 'Thundersley' as currently on long-term loan to Bressingham Gardens, Near Diss, Norfolk. I know I can get a Kit of one in 'O Gauge' if I pay the price and then build it, but I would rather have a 'OO gauge' one.

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 9 Nov 2006, 08:38) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I saw that on Ebay once, it looked awesome. My current ones a Lilliput (without the Olympic logo) but I wish I had paid the extra and got the Trix one. It works fine but sounds a bit rattley. I guess thats why I got the Brawa BR 06 to compensate. I notice that they don't show the unmentionable when they put on the appropriate regalia on EpochII locos and coaches. Is it because thats banned in Germany?

A young lady I know won't even look at it - she says it gives her the creeps - it does look intimidating, but I understand that it is authentic.

I would post a pic of it but don't want to upset anyone - I realise the whole subject is very tabboo for some & I respect the reasons.

BTW - mine is a bit rattly as well - the photagraphic grey one I've just sold was not !

Regarding the unmentionable, the banning is beginning to be relaxed a bit now - last time I was in the Nunberg Transport Museum (2004) they had put the Eagle & unmentionable back onto the E19. I understand from talking to a couple of people at the museum that they are starting to allow this for important historical reasons.

Have you noticed that the "crest" is more prominant on the Trx E19 than on the FLM one ?

best regards
Brian

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (dbclass50 @ 10 Nov 2006, 04:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I would post a pic of it but don't want to upset anyone - I realise the whole subject is very tabboo for some & I respect the reasons.

BTW - mine is a bit rattly as well - the photagraphic grey one I've just sold was not !

Regarding the unmentionable, the banning is beginning to be relaxed a bit now - last time I was in the Nunberg Transport Museum (2004) they had put the Eagle & unmentionable back onto the E19. I understand from talking to a couple of people at the museum that they are starting to allow this for important historical reasons.

Have you noticed that the "crest" is more prominant on the Trx E19 than on the FLM one ?

best regards
Brian
Maybe put a warning on before posting the picture?

I had noticed that some companies hid the symbol but others were a bit more easygoing on that issue. I guess it will still be a long time before this symbol can be shown in a historical context without arousing emotions.

Just another thought about what steam I would like to see, an HO Allegheny with digital sound. And an HO Rail Zepellin.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'll try to keep this to feasible models to start with:

ROD 2-8-0
SDJR 2-8-0
Retooled B17, Schools, Compound, D49, B12
4F & 2P with loco drive
0-6-0T (J50/J69/94xx? You choose!)

Now the ones I'd really like to see:

S15 4-6-0
USA 0-6-0T
BR 3MT 2-6-2T
WD 2-10-0
Ivatt "Coronation" 4-6-2 (46256/57)
Industrial 0-4-0ST (Peckett/RSH/Avonside or similar)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts