Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me, I'll be saving money all year long to get myself several of these:

I want to use them as my imaginary railroad's omnibuses...

I wonder how difficult they'd be to repaint and redecal ---

Considering I plan on buying a certain number of 'em, think Brawa might want to sell me some undecorated ones?

·
Registered
574 Posts
A house to retire to in Norfolk or Lincolnshire with a room big enough for to biuld Remagen as a permenant layout...

Now where did I put that lottery ticket...?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
It's not so much a case of saving up for me. It's more of a case of finding the (&^^$* things first!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I need a Nord, 2 Digitrax DN141E2 decoders, a Glaskasten, an Edelweis track cleaning loco, a set of Kato Burlington Northern smoothside coaches, a couple of Southern Pacific Daylight coaches and a couple of other things that I can't remember at the moment.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Well, be sure to post when you're remembered those things uh?

*sigh* Those Brawa train sets seem to be going for about 320 EUR -- and I want at least 5 of 'em! Looks like I'm going to be saving at least 200 EUR a month!!!

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Hmmm.....

I´m very, very, very actively considering a Gützold (yeah, I know - I´m hooked on their models...
) class 65 (East German version)

Picture taken from http://www.guetzold.de/38301.htm

a few Tillig double decker coaches for my class 146.2

maybe a few RailTop ÖBB coaches if I can get them at an OK price

maybe a Trix class 120.1 (if it turns out good)

.. and then, let´s see what Fleischmann announces!

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Where do I start, well once I have paid of my existing traindebt I am thinking about a BR44 weathered by Trix

or maybe an AE 8/14 by Trix and also weathered.

A Roco Ae 6/6 would not go amiss

I'm probably due for an E 03 too, although am hanging out for one with digital sound.

I am mainly just waiting to see what new is announced for this year. Anything big or Epoch II usually goes down well. I'll have the Hornby DCC sound loco once I confirm that it is an ESU decoder, but not before.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 13 Jan 2008, 23:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>...
A Roco Ae 6/6 would not go amiss

Have you considered a HAG Re 6/6? I have two of them, and sold off my Roco.

(Picture snagged from tra-mod´s eBay auction # 290197753848)

This is one of the many engines issued by Hag, and if you check eBay often enough, you can get one for rather cheap (my Re 6/6 with "Bussigny" coat-of-arms cost EUR 159, incl. s+h).

·
Registered
296 Posts
I'm going to get a bank account specifically for my train related purchases

·
is asleep
758 Posts
QUOTE (Kimbo @ 13 Jan 2008, 22:57) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm going to get a bank account specifically for my train related purchases

Perhaps Kimbo you would like an account at the bank I set up specifically for my train related purchases?

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Roco's newly announced Br52 and Br24. Q4...hopefully....

Baykal

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Me, Just general funds to finance the items that turn up unannounced ao dealers stands at exhibitions. For example I am looking for another Rivarossi Royal Scot to turn into a Lord Nelson, another couple of Fleischmann Warships, a rake of Playcraft 20 ton Mineral wagons and as many Lima Mk 1 and 2 coaches, 12 ton box vans and 7 plank wagons as I can get my hands on.

Oh the joys of modelling British HO!

Regards

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE (goedel @ 14 Jan 2008, 01:53) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Perhaps Kimbo you would like an account at the bank I set up specifically for my train related purchases?

Why yes, of course!

·
is asleep
758 Posts
This year I will be saving for the much planned layout. A large attic area may shortly become available, and although I have plenty of rolling stock it doesn't currently do any rolling...
...and I will be wiring for DCC so I should really start budgeting for a thousand-and-one decoders! I'm quite looking forward to the challenge of benchwork, and while I know which end of a hammer is which my constructions always end up looking like a Escher sculptures gone mad - at least the trains can always be going downhill then!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts