Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
garage hobbit!!!
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With less than two months till that fat little fellow in a red suit arrives down your chimney, I find myself looking into what he can get me, I think I have been a good boy this year so will not be getting a lump of coal I hope!

My list is to long to put on here but if the above mentioned fellow is a member here are a few ideas:

5 x hand held Modelex controllers
6 x B & C Mk1
4 x C & C Mk1 to complete a rake (no brakes please)
Royal Scot
6 x Teak Gresleys
Hornby A4 in LNER Blue to re-name into Commonwealth of Austrailia (with a streamlined corridor tender please)

As I said its to long a list to put on here, what would you ask for?

Brian
CME Milldale

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hmmm, with so many interesting new models about to appear it is a bit tricky to narrow it down.

In British Outline, in order of preference

1) A new Hornby Blue/Grey HST set
2) The Hornby Duchess with sound, if it is any good.
3) A Heljan Clayton
4) A Heljan Traverser, if it appears.

Continental Outline,
1) Marklin 39021 Class 18.3 in Prussian Blue
2) Matching CIWL Coaches for the above.

This is very much a 'wish list', my Santa is not that rich!

Regards
Ashley

·
Registered
495 Posts
SFA. Wifes gone into full blown financial meltdown doomsday fuel price rising mode.She is an ex Bank employee from a time when banks didnt lend you money if you needed it but only if you didnt .She loving every minute of it .

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
I have suggested a sound decoder installation for my recently arrived class 24......

That'll do

Regards

·
Registered
67 Posts
I would like the Elves to get cracking and finally get the N scale Hobbytrain Swiss double deck IC carriages produced having been announced in 2005! Mind you they weren't cheap before the pound went on the slide so a full rake will probably mean a piece of coal is more likely!

I can dream of one or 2 other things but Doug would be upset that they are not railway related, so best keep quiet...

Geoff

·
is asleep
758 Posts
QUOTE (Geoff Booth @ 27 Oct 2008, 17:48) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I would like the Elves to get cracking and finally get the N scale Hobbytrain Swiss double deck IC carriages produced having been announced in 2005! Mind you they weren't cheap before the pound went on the slide so a full rake will probably mean a piece of coal is more likely!

I can dream of one or 2 other things but Doug would be upset that they are not railway related, so best keep quiet...

Geoff
I agree completely Geoff!

I'm not expecting anything for Christmas because no-one knows about my secret addiction to model railways, and secondly I must have £500+ of models ordered this year that I am still waiting to be released and or delivered from various places. That sounds an excessive amout, but then it seems a coincidence this year that lots of Austrian N scale has appeared in addition to the SBB double decker coaches, but then they are obviously going to take longer than fusion takes to get sorted. The will probably be not so much next year of interest...but who knows?! I think waiting for the Nürnberg Toyfair and the new releases for the year in February is more exciting than Christmas!

Sincerely,

Beeching Ebenezer

P.S. You could say this ÖBB 1012, predicted release date November, has a Christmas paint scheme?
http://www.1zu160.net/files/messe-wien-08/DSC06476.jpg
More pictures of this fantastic new model here: http://www.1zu160.net/scripte/forum/forum_show.php?id=336339

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
Echo that Biran i bought two undecorated Kato E8's last year for christmas for myself, top of my list would be a Heljan N gauge workng container crane crossed of the big boy
and i have a minitrix mint 9F on its way back from DCC conversion so a container crane is all i would like

·
Registered
67 Posts
QUOTE (goedel @ 27 Oct 2008, 18:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I must have £500+ of models ordered this year that I am still waiting to be released and or delivered from various places. That sounds an excessive amount...

At current exchange rates that equates to about 2 Fleischmann locos!

Geoff

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
I was hoping for a rake of the new Dapol Collett Carriages in GWR livery but I don't think they will be released in time. However, I'm still waiting for my pair of pre-ordered Ixion Manors so I'm hoping they will at least turn up in time for Christmas.

Cheers,

Expat.

·
Paul Hamilton aka &quot;Lancashire Fusilier&quot;
844 Posts
A rolling road and a PS-5 Power Supply and a box of C&L EM gauge steel track and a photo of Richard dressed in his red suit delivering it all to me (in Melbourne)

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
I'm in the same position as Goedel and have loads of stuff on order. My Christmas and Birthday presents from everybody I know topped up with some of my own dosh was supposed to be paying for the Brawa KPEV S9 however the recent plummet of the Aussie dollar to the Euro have just added $250 onto the cost of it. Once that gets' to $300 I will have to pull the plug and get something else.

I don't believe it, the exchange rate has been constant for the last five years and in the last month it dropped 20%. So I'm not feeling too festive at the moment.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I´m hoping for a Fleischmann class 101, and/or a few LS models City Night Line coaches.

However, a kiss under the mistletoe would suffice. And waffles. Home-made cinnamon waffles.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Do I really want more locos ?....of course I do, but at the moment I'll settle for a couple of bottles of singlr malt, perhaps something for the motorbike and some vouchers from the model rail shop which I can keep and top up until something new comes out...Patriot probably ! Birthday also between Chrimbo and New Year.
Ed

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
QUOTE (Ed Allen @ 29 Oct 2008, 00:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Do I really want more locos ?

Darn. I now unofficially found out what is heading my way: a red HAG Ae 6/6. The dealer asked where to send it to on our answerphone, and when I deleted the messages, I unintentionally heard it.

"She" will henceforth do all the technical stuff around the house
. But she got a good price, I have to admit. Very good price indeed.

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
QUOTE But she got a good price, I have to admit. Very good price indeed.

Sterling is down 25% against the Swiss Franc since December last year. I saw a report that the Swiss Franc had reached an all time high against the Euro, so it sounds like a doubly good deal.

David - who is now dithering about going to Switzerland on vacation next year.....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts