Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I completed the track laying on my fiddle yard, I noticed that two of the five locos I was using for testing where shorting my ECoS when travelling over points. Great I thought a problem with the wiring. Thankfully, the wiring appears to be ok. That leaves me to suspect the back to back wheel measurements as being a problem as the other three locos have no problems.

I then bought the C&L back to back gauge for 00:

However, I am not sure how best to use this gauge. I believe the measurement between the wheel backs should be 14mm, is this correct?

Also, is there an easy way to adjust this on locos or does it involve a complete dismantle to prise the wheels further apart?

Sadly I suspect this will be a problem with quite a few of my locos and I guess is an unfortunate side effect of DCC as it comes with the required better sensitivity of boosters that forces you to use best operating practises!

Rob

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for clearing that up Richard, its an area that for whatever reason has never been that clear in my mind!

Rob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.