Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (5696Arethusa @ 25 Sep 2007, 21:53) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I was running one of my A1s this afternoon and as I'm still on DC I'm able to control the power reaching the loco and slip the wheels when starting a heavy train. This got me thinking, with all the things you program DCC to do I've never seen or heard of this being done on DCC, is it possible? If so can you program the sound to match, there's nothing that says steam quite as much as the battle between touque and friction when touque gets the upper hand.

You could try setting CV3 (acceleration) to a custom speed curve if the decoder you are using supports it.

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (34C @ 1 Oct 2007, 09:37) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It is very easy to do manually with DCC, with a heavy train on, exactly as you would with a DC controller. On the Lenz system I would get the loco just started on speed step one or two in 128 speed step mode with function 4 (direct drive) activated, then push the 'big speed up button' once or more, then when you have had enough wheelslip push the 'big speed down button' as required.

Won't work if you have very steady (prototypical) acceleration set for CV3 - if the decoder supports it you could use the function for shunting speed which overides accelleration/deceleration but then you will only get half of your top speed.

Tried it on both the LH100 & a FLM Twin-Centre.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.