Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I visisted a client today who enjoys watching railway DVDs. He has 3 box sets of "Greatest journeys from around the world" - I don't know of the series has any more than 3 sets (green, blue, red boxes he has)

Anyway, he does not have the internet so hasn't got access to ebay etc. I was wondering if anyone had a good source for this sort of thing?

Would really appreciate any help/advice.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Steam Powered Video SPV are a good source of rail from all over the world...they advertise in Continental Modeller etc
Good Luck
Phil
Happy Customer(no affiliation)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Not many B&M shops left that sell dvd's. The only two major ones I can think of are HMV and WH Smith.

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
I know its obvious but Amazon might? Most of my Railway DVDs were actually bought in Morrisons supermarket
, but I guess its pot luck, other wise try the shows or the big chains, my local HMV will order for me but sometimes the titles are quite rare so I have to resort to fleabay etc

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Over the last 14 months I've picked up over 30 videos and 20 dvds between 50p/£2.00 from charity shops,boot sales etc,some with lots of archive footage on them. Slowly transfering them to disc.

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
Yes thats also a great way to come by them. Ive a nieghbour whos is also into trains (not so much the models as the real ones) and he has been a good source. We regulary swap. Perhaps if you were a member of a club you may blag a lend of some?

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
The Signal Box at 1, Albion Street, Anstey, Leics LE7 7DD (0116 236 2901) have an enormous range of DVDs available. Also some VHS video, but they are cutting back on that. Orders over £15 are post free. Occasional offers available.
But most of all they will provide, on request, a printed list of what they have available - the last one I had was nearly a quarter of an inch thick and ran to around 140 A4 pages - supplements issued every six month or so.

I have no connection other than as a a very satisfied customer - they are very helpful on the phone and quick to send things that they have in stock.

Regards,
John Webb

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks chaps. I've printed off a couple of catalogues for him to have a look at.

Just one question though - These "Worlds Greatest Railway Journeys" - is there only 3 box sets?

My client has them in 3 large card boxes red green and blue. Mine are in a blue tin box.

Just wondered if there are any more. He also said that on the back it shows some with 2 or 3 journeys on one disc but he can only access the first one. i wonder if he is not going to the menu properly.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
I'll have a quick look through my catalogue from The Signal Box but with 160+ pages to look through....! Can you tell us who produces/markets these 'Great Railway Journey' sets as the Signal Box lists the DVDs by the producer/seller.

Regards,
John Webb

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
If you get basic sky package £11 or so per month you get almost a constant stream of rail stuff, swiss journeys,soller railway,trainspotting,off the rails,etc etc.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts