Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought a Bachmann Class 108 DMU. I am a novice when it comes to DDC and was wondering which decoder any of you guys have fitted into one of these. Also what type of decoder is used in the trailing car which operate the lights i.e. is it just an ordinary one / how many functions does it need.
Hope this makes sense.

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Hi

You cant go wrong with a 4 function TCS decoder and a TCS function only decoder in the rear DMU. Very good decoders with excellent Bemf and no pun intended if your a novice and make a mistake and fry the decoder they have a " no questions asked goof proof warrenty"

Hope that gets you started.

m

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Hi
Thats great info John has given you and I just about always buy 4 or 6 function decoders (may sound like a waste but you never know when you need a couple more). I have a class 66 running 10 functions, 6 which are lighting.

It depends on the lighting on the DMU. If you only have 2 operational lights, red and white get the 2 function decoder, and function decoder but the 4 function is handy if you want lets say cab lighting etc.

You might also want to ask John about his flicker free kits for the interior of the DMU. You can light the full passenger section and the lights will not flicker when you go over points or lose power. Very nice piece of kit and adds that extra dimension to your DMU!

Hope that helps.

m

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.