Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
QUOTE (34C @ 7 May 2008, 08:46) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>But in the mysterious 'dance of the tools' following the end of Airfix GMR and Mainline the N2 (and various other models) went to Dapol, and were then sold on to Hornby. I have absolutely no insight into what determined which tools went where! The N2 body is pretty good, but the original plastic chassis with noisy and bulky motor visible in the cab was never up to much. Hornby could produce a much better model with a 'current standard' chassis; the body shell, enhanced with a little extra applied detail like lamp irons and injectors would still be very presentable.

As I understand it (and according to Ramsey's) The original Mainline tools held by Mainline in the UK went to Dapol and then Hornby.

However the tools for products made by Kader in China were financed by Kader and they claimed them when Mainline ceased trading. Kader then decided to launch the Bachmann Brand in the UK using the ex Mainline Tools, hence the birth of Bachmann UK!

·
Registered
136 Posts
QUOTE (Noggins Friend @ 11 Jan 2009, 13:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am pretty certain that Hornby have produced the N2 in recent years. They included it in a breakdown set with mobile crane and LNER engineers coach. There were a couple on ebay in the last few months

There are still New N2s in stock at some retailers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.