Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As part of the silver jubilee celebrations a few years ago a steam engine pulled the Royal Train into North Wales. The Hornby pack I got last year (for the coaches really) is supposed to be this engine and is 6201 'Princess Elizabeth'. But from what I can tell on the internet it was actually 6233 'Duchess of Sutherland'.

Which one actually pulled the train?

·
Registered
56 Posts
QUOTE (hairyhandedfool @ 12 Jul 2008, 11:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As part of the silver jubilee celebrations a few years ago a steam engine pulled the Royal Train into North Wales. The Hornby pack I got last year (for the coaches really) is supposed to be this engine and is 6201 'Princess Elizabeth'. But from what I can tell on the internet it was actually 6233 'Duchess of Sutherland'.

Which one actually pulled the train?

Hi HHF,
It was 6233 with 47787 Windsor Castle on the rear.
I believe that 6201 was the official standby loco.

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
yep the origional intention was for princess elizabeth to pull it but it had only just come out of overhaul and hadnt been run in properly.

I have pictures of it at the york railfest with the royal headlamps and crests. i will post them in a couple of days (when i am on my own computer and not sitting in a cafe!)

Peter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts