Model Railway Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Exceptional!
well done kitten a very impressive layout, and I think the ballast looks just fine.
In fact if you are ever thinking of getting a divorce can I be the first to put in a bid since my layout would definately benefit from someone with such a good eye for detail. Also I could use your cat, I still have a mouse living somewhere on my layout.
duztee

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
At last I got to see said pics - excellent work - I personally thought the ballast looked fine. There's certainly plenty of inspiration there. Oh and it may mean that the Magic train may make an appearance.

Regards

·
Registered
19 Posts
As a Newbie to the hobby and Having alot to learn im so envious, Im Just curious though Nikki what the size of this setup in length and width (Feet) Absolutely Amazing Well Done

Ken

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi im swifty the guy helping millsie build his layout thnx the link your lovely looking layout. just quick question the railcar on layout is scarth built or a kit? also cheers about the info on the cuckoo chassie i'll have a look for it in the 7mmNGA for im member..

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi Swifty.

I'm madkittens other half, and as she is otherwise occupied at the moment, I am authorised to tell you that the railcar is scratch built, but is based upon a County Donegal Railcar. It took her two days she tells me.

She has plans to build and possibly produce a 7mm version. All enquiries by post

·
Premium Member
6,202 Posts
Hi Nikki,

Excellent work on the layout i look forward to seeing more of the realistic atmosphere you give it

·
Registered
84 Posts
Nice work Mad kitten/albastross/badger.

you should join the yahoo group, narrowgaugemodelling, too

How does one stop cats on the railway?

easy
convert to DCC and leave it on!

regards
John

·
Registered
762 Posts
I dont think the ballast is the wrong colour ! If its Wales it is A) either raining in which case the ballast colour is OK or
it has just finished raining in which case the ballast colour is still OK. Now if it was Billericay which I believe is the driest spot in UK it would quite likely be a lighter colour for half of the time.
Rupert's friend's, err Algy the Pug and...
Andrew

21 - 29 of 29 Posts