Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Model-Train Hobby Becomes Model-Train Habit

BILLINGS, MT-Though he insists he can handle it, Leon Gehr's model-train pastime has crossed the line from hobby to habit, Gehr family sources reported Monday.

"Leon just isn't the same person anymore," said Penny Gehr, 48, Leon's wife of 21 years. "All he ever thinks about is where he's going to get his next few feet of nickel silver snap-together track. It's all-consuming. I want my husband back." ........ LINK

·
Registered
370 Posts
Seems to me that a certain Mrs Gehr is over reacting to her husband having a little bit of fun.
Divorce her and kick her out I say !!!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Point taken. It's always easier to laugh about yourself than have the ignorant laugh at you.
A bit like an Irish comedian telling Irish jokes, no one is ever offended or throws out accusations of racism.
However, when an Englishman tells the same Irish jokes, it's not considered "politically correct".

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE (Dennis David @ 14 Sep 2006, 07:24) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What gets me is the same people that joke about our hobbies are the same people who can sit in front of the TV and watch hours of reality "freak shows".

Nothing is real on the "one eyed babysitter", I haven't owned a tv for over thirty years, I came to the conclusion very early on that it was crap. I don't even watch it if i'm visiting friends.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (boilermaker69 @ 14 Sep 2006, 08:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nothing is real on the "one eyed babysitter", I haven't owned a tv for over thirty years, I came to the conclusion very early on that it was crap. I don't even watch it if i'm visiting friends.

I don't blame you. Most of the Ozzie channels are a bit like channel five in content but they have five minutes of show and then five minutes of adds. Unwatchable.

It should really be the other way around in that the reality TV guys get the slagging. I'm going to rip the piss out a couple of them right now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts