Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Lets see who is game for a meet up of forum members.

If I can arrange it you might even get to go behind the scenes of one of the Warley exhibits and see the show from an exhibitors point of view and even drive an exhibition train!

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
I'd be game for that! i'll be there from early doors both days as i'm staying at the Novotel right at the airport. Would be good to put some faces to the names.

Rob

·
garage hobbit!!!
1,715 Posts
Add me to the list

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
AS Bro said above "count me in" and you're going to try arrange for us to play trains as well. Happy days!

·
garage hobbit!!!
1,715 Posts
'Playing Trains' sounds very good to me too, will have to buy something from the Bachmann stall

Better do as Pedro' suggests and meet buy a loco and not in the bar if have the possibility of play with other peoples prize posessions

Brian

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Just a reminder that we are going to meet up. Don't know what my rota is for the day yet however it is likely to be just after 2pm on the Peco stand on the Saturday (and Sunday?) looking at Peco track as it is normally a relatively calm spot there and we can chat to Mr Peco about his new model whilst we are wailting for allcomers to turn up!

We can mark the registrar based on names here.

There is a Warley layout not too far away I believe.

Does this sound reasonable?

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
QUOTE I am not going to have time to go playing with trains as i will be covering lunch and loo breaks on a stand. but please could we first do a group photo. we didnt take one last time and i think its about time we had one.

I can't believe you put that in writing
you want a group photo with Gary actually in it, please consider the image of the forum, why don't you get Gary to stand by the camera. Not actually operate it, this things can be very complex.

As an alternative take a few Tesco bags with you, in case he threatens to get involved in the group photo, you can put a bag on his head and claim it's sponsorship !

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Of course we are all kidding here right? Right? Gary is a big part of this forum and deserves credit along with Doug for getting this thing off the ground. Just my $.02

What gets written here should never get taken out of context. We should always be civil when we meet in person. If I remember last year Gary did some nice reporting about the show.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Dennis, I agree with you entirely about Gary. I too have had a few different opinions to Gary & thank god that we do differences - if we were all the same- how boring! It is from differences that we learn, not only about the hobby, but life in general.
It does not cost one penny/cent to be polite & civil - if you do not like a person, it is easier not to talk to them than going out of your way to be obnoxious/rude, etc.

Now if I lived in the UK now being retired, I too would like to meet by a loco at Warley but I will have to be content to see the report & the group photo on MRF.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (Dennis David @ 27 Nov 2007, 12:18) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Of course we are all kidding here right? Right? Gary is a big part of this forum and deserves credit along with Doug for getting this thing off the ground. Just my $.02

What gets written here should never get taken out of context. We should always be civil when we meet in person. If I remember last year Gary did some nice reporting about the show.

I'm sure MMaD was only joking. I don't think it's in anyone's interest to hold a difference of opinion against anyone.

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Please can i make another request that we meet next to one of the loco's rather than at a stand. i was a little embarissed last year. i felt like an uninvited guest when we were hanging around the bachmann stand waiting for people to turn up.

The loco's are good meeting places. and are usually in quiet areas.

Shall we say the front buffers of Trankil at 2pm?

Peter

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
You were not embarressed were you Peter when I did my tour repping and shouted out "Could all Model Rail Forum members put their hand up please!"

Loco it is then.

Still need to shout though to attract attention!

I might even arrange a tannoy message!!!

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
QUOTE (Gary)Still need to shout though to attract attention!

I might even arrange a tannoy message!!!

At scaleforum the RM webbers managed a tanoy message! (mind you they were making tannoy messages for evrything- we would like to thank mr gibson for his service"-"do any of you belong to this child"-"we have found a fart, could the owner please take it away".....)

Your challange has been set gary!

Was i embarressed? -on our second date my girlfriend fell in the river thames near blackfriars bridge. after that evrything else just pales into insignificance!

Peter

·
Registered
73 Posts
BLOOMING HECK!!!!
DO NOT under ANY circumstances put in "Trankil" into google image search.... just DON'T!

I'm off to wash my eyes!

Alex

1 - 20 of 71 Posts