Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Just browsing the Littlewoods catalogue to see what Hornby specials they have this year and spotted this:-

QUOTE "the manxman" model train pack

This special limited edition reflects a portion of the train as it was in the late 1950's with the BR MK1's carring the later maroon livery introduced towards the end of the 1950's. This special named train pack is a limited edition of 1500 pieces.

I wonder who fed Littlewoods the info?

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Vendor
29 Posts
Every year, Hornby produce special trainpacks for several companies. Littlewoods, Argos, Toys-R-Us, Woolworths, Index, Safeway, Hamleys, Marks & Spencer, and others have all had their exclusive packs. Some also get exclusive sets, and Scalextric sets and cars as well. Hard to say exactly how many exclusives are produced each year, but my best guess would be around 6 different trainpacks plus sets and other items. Depends on your buying power at Hornby, if you are spending a lot then you'll be able to negotiate something special......

Many of these 'exclusive' sets do filter down to normal shops and retailers, either as part cancelled orders, leftover stock, excess production, or other reasons. Try your local Hornby Collector Centre or some of the bigger retailers, you'll be surprised what you might find sometimes..........

·
Boghouse Cleaner
404 Posts
What ever happened to Gary, his Plus+ membership has not ran out, does he post on that forum?

·
Chief cook & bottle washer
2,952 Posts
QUOTE (fliermike @ 1 Oct 2016, 03:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yes indeed, first I missed that the original topic was started 11 years ago and then Hattons had it but no longer.
Sorry I will promise not post on the forum until after the second cup of coffee!
Had me going too.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Sorry guys. I thought I'd bring forward a few older posts to keep the threads going out of interest as there are people who are members one does not see and there are interesting subjects. I can see that it does not always work to plan.

·
Registered
737 Posts
There are still many branches of Woolworths in South Africa and other sub Saharan countries. As far as I am aware there is no connection with F.W.Woolworth although there probably was in the past. Unlike the UK/USA Woolworths they are nothing like that former store. They are very similar in layout, products etc to UK Marks & Spencer. In fact a limited amount of their product range is from M&S.

There was at one time a UK type Woolworths in Harare in Zimbabwe but as I have not visited Harare for many years I don't know if it still exists.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.