Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Ah ha! Thought this might interest you all!

I have visited the new updated www.model-rail.com website linked with Model Rail magazine and you can win £5000 by filling in a questionaire.

It seems too good to be true. Are there any catches?

Happy modelling
Gary

PS not too sure about a topic like this so if any of the mods looking in want to delete it feel free. I just don't ever recall a model railway related website being so generous!

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 24 Oct 2006, 23:34) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>So once you enter you will get your inbox clogged with all sorts of crap.

A friend of mine uses a "disposable" e-mail address (free yahoo e.g.) for casual use - whens its spammed to death he just ignores it & registers another one.

As you can imagine he's very careful with who gets the business one !

To make sure that you do not get too much junk snail mail in the UK you can register with the mail preference list (similar to the phone & fax preference lists) - they don't stop stuff from abroad but they stop a lot of it.

Regarding emap, a retailer I know placed an ad with them for one issue only, they repeated the ad without asking & then threatened him with all sorts of action if he did'nt pay (& no he did'nt).(I think you know which one Neil).

best regards
Brian

·
DT
4,794 Posts
It's amazing how much some organizations are willing to spend to get subscribers. I agree that this is an email harvest and it means that they are getting a whole lot more from the people who use the contact details for direct marketing.

·
Registered
882 Posts
QUOTE (John Webb @ 24 Oct 2006, 23:10) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What
No little box to tick to preserve one's privacy? Tut, tut

Regards,
John Webb

Thats no longer required, but you MUST be able to opt-out of any eMail subscription if you wish to
EMAP meets this requirement

Personally, I've signed up and sent it to my spam-trap
If I win, they can WRITE to me!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts