Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 1 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4,553 Posts
About Bizerba's comment, it is the black Hornby 'passing contact' switch, part number R044, you need for switching the point motor. This allows just a short pulse through the coil to switch the point - if current is allowed to flow continuously the power supply will be overloaded and/or the point motor will overheat and be damaged, which is why you need this particular type of switch.
John Webb
1 - 1 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.