Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to build my first layout and do not understand how to wire this electrofrog turnout into an ECoS SwitchPilot with extension. The turnout has 3 wires coming out of the bottom of it and I assume that these feed into the SwitchPilot extension in some way.

Advice would be gratefully received!

R

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
Here's my diagram showing the constituent parts of the Peco 3 way asymmetric point. This will get you started. I don't know how it would be hooked up to an ESU switch accessory encoder, but if you consider the 3 way point to be two points superimposed on each other, I think you should be able to work it out. You will note that the diagram shows the two crossings (frogs) on the right being connected together. Two switches with two positions each gives four combinations and I have shown where the power is for each of them.

David

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks David your diagrams are very helpful. I thought that by using the ECoS SwitchPiot and Extension I would be able to obviate the need for actual switches and wonder if there is anyone out there that has experience of the ECoS decoder and how to achieve David's outcome but without extra switches??????/

R

1 - 3 of 3 Posts