Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you live in Wisbech or the surrounding area and looking for a Model Railway Club, then contact me as we have a Club in Wisbech and there is another in March which is approximately ten miles away.

Wisbech meets on a Monday evening at 7.p.m. until about 9.p.m. in winter time and 10.p.m. in summer time. If you wish to see how far we have got with our first layout, then please visit our website and go to photo gallery where you will see a selection of photo's of what we have so far, plus a selection of garden railway pictures owned by one of our members. The website is on http://freewebs.com/wismodelrailwayclub and our new one due to the last one becoming inaccessible. This new one will be updated as much as possible. Membership is just £10 per year, plus £2 per session attended in order to pay for items for the layout we are building.
If you wish to join us, then please contact me by E-mail on [email protected] and also if you wish to join the March one which meets on a Wednesday night at The Royal British Legion Club in March, but times unknown at present.

On Saturday 6th May, we are joining in at a Train Extravaganza, being held in the Trumpet Room of the Rose & Crown Hotel in Wisbech Market Place, in support of raising funds to help re-open the Wisbech to March Bramley Line. This event starts at 10.a.m. and £2 admission, with some static and some model railway displays planned, plus trade stands. Please come along if you can and support the re-opening of this line.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I regret to inform you that the Train Extravaganza above and being arranged by the Hotel, has now been cancelled for reaon/s unknown at the time of writing this. Neither WMRC or The Bramley Line in who it was in aid of, are not responsible for this action by the hotel.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am pleased to inform you I am keeping the website up to date as much as I can re progress, which as expected, is a wee bit slow this time of the year. No new photographs at present, but directly there are some worth taking, they will be and added to the gallery that same night.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am delighted to announce we are holding an 'Open Day' at 'The Club' in August. For further details, please visit the website and look under 'Open Day' page.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (trainman @ 10 Jul 2006, 22:56) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am delighted to announce we are holding an 'Open Day' at 'The Club' in August. For further details, please visit the website and look under 'Open Day' page.

This is just a week away friends, so if you can get to see it, please introduce yourself to Brian the chairman.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have three to add on later and they were taken before the visitors came in. I respect the layout is not yet complete, but we did warn visitors in advance. We also had the tremendous pleasure in having an 'N gauge' layout of Sutton Bridge as in the 1930's exhibiting there and every visitor was most impressed. This same layout was featured in a Modelling magazine a couple of years back and I am pleased to say, it has recently been extended to 40ft in length. To see it in it's entirity this coming Bank Holiday weekend, get yourselves to Lutton, just a couple of miles north of Long Sutton in Lincolnshire off the A17. Believe me, unless you have seen it for real or in a magazine, it is worth every penny to see it. I had the pleasure of controlling trains on it a few months ago.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Sorry I didn't see you trainman, but I ran out of petrol after 150 miles and had to push the car home !!!
Things we do for our hobby eh ?
Hope your day was a big success !

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you very much Gwent, it was a great success for the size of the place and considering we had 261 through the door. So far, everybody has been complimentary, but we did have a minor spot of bother when a guy deliberately walked up to 3 x 'G gauge' wagons on display and wiped them off the track, on to the floor and walked off. He eluded our marshalls, luckily for him.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Three photo's added to 'The Club' website. Not brilliant, but they will give you an idea of the size and track diagram. Eventually, it will be extended.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No Dennis, we are Cambridgeshire in the UK and we meet at the original home of Reverend Awdry who wrote Thomas The Tank Engine books. Try clicking on to: www.freewebs.com/wismodelrailwayclub and you should get there.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well, 'The Club' as we call it is almost two years of age now and we have done a fair amount to the layout, track and wiring wise, so now working hard on getting the scenics done. In fact we have already been invited to attend one Exhibition in June this year and another in February 2008, after seeing the photo's of what we have done so far.

Following problems beyond my control last year, we had to change the website to http://www.freewebs.com/wismrc

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Regretably, we never got to the exhibition back in June and that's because we weren't in our opinion, ready to exhibit. We will though be exhibiting in February 2008, AND have another booked for August.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Now just 2 months away and our layout is very nearly complete. A few final details to it and hey presto, we will be happy. I have some more recent pic's to add on to our website, but having problems getting them on there at present, so please keep your eyes peeled and they will be there as soon as possible.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.