Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
A great assortment of photos there Peter, at the risk of upsetting the GWR element I would agree with your comment that the prairie was a bit out of place, but then again even a 9F would look insignificant against some of those brutes.

Regards

John

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Just an aside to this, I was talking with a dealer friend on Sunday who told me a wonderful story about this trip. It seems that one member of an English speaking party had been partaking of the local beer and wasn't aware that the GWR prairie was present. On walking round one of the other locos he spotted tank locomotive and made a comment along the lines of "I'm not drinking any more of this
beer - I'm seeing things"

Regards

John

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (dbclass50 @ 27 Jun 2007, 07:02) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have looked at them several times trying to think what was missing & it's just occured - the lack of barriers & "orangjacketitus".

How refreshing that the H & S police are not yet in abundance.

Drives home what a nanny state the UK has become !

The same applies in most of Europe in my experience, I have walked on tracks in Belgium and not even been questioned (although the local police got upset when I photographed one of their vehicles.) Again when visiting the Nurnberg transport museum you could walk anywhere, except out on to the mainline. Very different from here in that respect I agree.

Regards

John

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 27 Jun 2007, 00:06) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Boy do I know that feeling

I have to admit to consuming the odd glass of lemonade......................hic!

Regards

John

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (dbclass50 @ 27 Jun 2007, 20:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I've corrected your post

Very good - just you wait............................

Regards

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.