Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently using the Woodland Scenics trackbed as means of a layout that I hope to exhibit. It has many good qualities about it, but my only concern is that would it serve well in the rigidity of the joint between the two boards, as it is soft, but not that soft?

Should I use something else?

I have two 3 ft boards.

·
Registered
122 Posts
That's great. Thank you so much for that.

I looks like those little 'honeycomb' pieces are the circuit boards for the wires underneath. My plan was to drill four holes a little way from the joins and feeding and soldering red and black wires to each rail.

I see you're from Padstow. Lovely place. So sad trains don't run to there anymore. Could that line ever be brought back?

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
QUOTE (sambwoy @ 6 Feb 2009, 14:07) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That's great. Thank you so much for that.

I looks like those little 'honeycomb' pieces are the circuit boards for the wires underneath. My plan was to drill four holes a little way from the joins and feeding and soldering red and black wires to each rail.

I see you're from Padstow. Lovely place. So sad trains don't run to there anymore. Could that line ever be brought back?
Its being looked into but not hopefull,Bodmin/Wenford have permission to extend so you never know!!

·
Paul Hamilton aka &quot;Lancashire Fusilier&quot;
844 Posts
I think you will need something more rigid at the baseboard joints than the underlay if I understand your issue correctly. I am building a three board layout at the moment with DCC Concepts alignment dowels to join the baseboards but still using copper cladd sleepers for the last two sleepers on each side of a baseboard joint, mounted on DCC Concepts underlay (superior QA/QC to the WS stuff, but similar in concept).

Hope this is of assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.