Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not on a work bench as such, but it is what I am working on at the moment.

After returning to model railways a couple of months ago after a 17 year break, I felt my skill would have improved as I matured like a piece of cheese.

I threw out the gauntlet for help with the design of the layout and got alot of help, I have tweeked it slightly but in essense it's there.

The track is all but layed, and I had to start on the scenery to try my skills......

Any how enough of the waffle, heres some photo's

Thanks for looking, comments welcome..

Cpt Jack

·
Paul Hamilton aka "Lancashire Fusilier"
844 Posts
You must be quite pleased with the result thus far. I think that's a nice idea to put a bit of scenery in to see how you like it.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Looking good Cap'n,

I like the hedge/overgrowth in front of the LNER/Caley(?!!) tank - very effective.

Regards

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
Very nice indeed Cap'n.

It's amazing how much finer the track looks when it's detailed and the scenic work is definitely something to be proud of. You obviously have green fingers.

Keep up the good work.

Expat.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE (10001 @ 13 Aug 2008, 00:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Cpt.
Just having another look at your terrific greenery, and wondering : is that your parrot in the third bush from the left ???
Regards Tony. I'd put in an emoticon here if I knew how to do it.!!!!!

I think it might be, he gets about a bit....

Cheers

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Cpt Jack Sparrow @ 12 Aug 2008, 20:07) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah I was just playing with my repaint and weathering skills on a spare loco......I appologise.

It's OK - you don't have to - I'm a Southern man!

QUOTE (10001 @ 12 Aug 2008, 22:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just having another look at your terrific greenery, and wondering : is that your parrot in the third bush from the left ???

Well parrakeets have become more or less indigenous down in this part of the UK.

Regards

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
First update....

Adding a retaining wall to the embankment section needs a parapet wall and capping, then the tunnel entrance worked in.

Cpt Jack

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
Very nice

David

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OK thought it was time for another update, I have now done the basic scenics around one of the tunnel mouths.

Thanks for taking time to look

Cpt Jack

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
Very good detail there. I think your car may be out of scale slightly!
Steve

1 - 20 of 139 Posts