Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why are there so few posts on this forum,I havent been on here for months,I come back and there is about three more posts than there was last time I was on here!!Come on you lot,post some posts,I usually lurk on G scale Mad Forum and sometimes it can take an hour to read just one days postings!!

Stew.

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Do you mean that this specific forum has few posts?
I think it is because there are a wide number of forums - eg DCC, layouts etc where particular postings are made under that particular topic even for 00/H0 subjects. I come onto the MR forum twice a day and find I often take an hour each time to wade through the new postings.
Regards,
John Webb

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Three posts is a bit of an under statement.

I sit at a computer at work and spend about an hour reading the new stuff first thing and pop back when I get bored to see if anything new has been happening. I guess it depends where you look as I know there are some posts where 10 -20 posts have been made in a day, RMWeb for example.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi there!
Perhaps people are doing some modelling!
I do sometimes wonder how much modelling time is lost through reading about it on these forums, however useful the info on them.
Of course if you are at work, questions might be asked about the wagon kit on your desk!

Bazza

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
"Of course if you are at work, questions might be asked about the wagon kit on your desk!"

Ha ha!! it wouldnt be the first time my boss has walked into my office and found a pannier tank going up and down 2 lengths of flexi along my desk!!

Weekend shifts! thats when you catch up on coach lining and transfers!

Peter

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE Soon we will all start talking seriously about 2007!

That will be interesting. It will be good to see what developments will come. We still haven't seen the promised goodies from the UK manufacturers yet for 2006. The DCC sound Bachmann locos are yet to be priced never mind released and Hornby digital still hasn't happened yet although they seem quite proud of the box the unit will be sold in.

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
"they seem quite proud of the box the unit will be sold in." he he. that gave me a good giggle!

I am still waiting for the pendolino. when they announced it they were playing it down. i have set my expectations very low but it would be nice to be supprised.

What are your bets for the DCC sound loco's? i think £150

Peter

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (pedromorgan @ 13 Oct 2006, 17:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>"they seem quite proud of the box the unit will be sold in." he he. that gave me a good giggle!

I am still waiting for the pendolino. when they announced it they were playing it down. i have set my expectations very low but it would be nice to be supprised.

What are your bets for the DCC sound loco's? i think £150

Peter

Have you seen the article on the Hornby website? I was gobsmacked, I coudn't give a monkeys what the box looks like. It's the technology we want to know about.

I'm hoping for 150 quid but expecting closer to 200. Continental sound locos are about 300 euros in Germany, but this is the tax free price I pay. Probably closer to 350euros which would be close to 200 quid is the over the counter price in Germany.

They may be cheaper though as my Lilliput BR 05 is basically the same as a Bachmann steam loco in the UK but the price is double what you would pay for a comprable UK outline loco so I'm hoping they will drop prices to be inline with what the UK market will pay.

·
Administrator
9,891 Posts
>I usually lurk on G scale Mad Forum
It's an awful lot busier on there than here - a bit too much for me.

Like the others, I spend about an hour a day on MRF when I come home from work. I believe we have software which watches what you do on the Internet - questions get asked, so I avoid it completely.

David

·
Administrator
9,891 Posts
>Why are there so few posts on this forum,I havent been on here for months,I come back and there is about
three more posts than there was last time I was on here!!
>Amazing isnt it,I do a post about the lack of posts and ACTUALLY get some in responce,madness.

OK. How did you determine that there were only a few posts? The RMWEB refugees created a hundred or so on their own in early September. The top 10 posters on the forum are averaging more than 1 post a day, so a conservative estimate is that in 90 days there have been 900 posts.

It may be quieter in here than GScale mad, but we're not comatose.

David

·
Registered
763 Posts
Perhaps a few posts from the "lurkers" might help to up the rate a bit why just lurk and not say anything? Surely the first person you should be bollocking for not posting is yourself.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I usually hit the show new posts button when i log in and there is usually a lot more than 3 some sections are a little "slow" but there is usually some activity even if it's not on the same scale as RmWeb or even the demu forum although both of those have been a little quiter of late

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (spongebob @ 15 Oct 2006, 04:57) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Perhaps a few posts from the "lurkers" might help to up the rate a bit why just lurk and not say anything? Surely the first person you should be bollocking for not posting is yourself.
I guess some people feel the need for others to entertain them. I know I certainly put on at least three post a day myself and like DWB says so do about 10 other people so I'm f
d if I know what forum he's been looking at.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I've been a member for only 5 short months and this is my 178th post, if he wants me to post any more than that he can bloody well pay me !!!
Anyway, I've surfed through a number of other forums and the only comment I can make (and I'm not including our recent crop of guests from "the other place" here), is that there is a lot of s
t being posted out there.
If you think we are a quiet lot (which I don't) perhaps you can enjoy the quality here instead.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Well it depends on the class type of entries - "true rail modelling" and "pure non-relating subjects". You just have to read past entries and see the high recorded entries by members who are interested in only increasing their ratings! Myself! I concentrate in reading and rendering topics of actual railway postings, together with helping other members queries.
At another opposition forum site, I suggested starting a new topic on the subject of 00/N etc - my trouble was rewarded with a barrage of abuse and down right insolence by certain members of the o-f-s. Perhaps in a way is to why some members are relunctant to make any posts.
I am glad to say, that members of the MRF, have todate never given me that treatment of abuse.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I would write something if I had something good to report.

I recently bought,

The Hornby Flying scotsman set and the master cutler complete set.

Excellent track,controller,shame about the CRAP loco's and carriages,in one week of use the chrome has come off the wheels on the scotsman "budget" coaches,half the detail parts have fallen off the "Prince Palladine".

The loco's and rolling stock are such crap it's unbelieveable,my 30 year old hornby stuff I run everyday is in better nick than new stuff after a week piss poor,.

So I will be buying more secondhand stuff and refurbing It I think,if you have any old stuff you want to move on let me know.Hornby and that lot can keep DCC as well if its anything like their shody GLUED together locos and carriages!!!

Stew.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.