Model Railway Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 13 Jun 2007, 06:18) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Very nice, so how much is one of those then?

I dread to think how much it would go for. I assume this is a static model but I'm not sure. How much garden would you need to run a beast of this size? Having said that it wouldn't fit on the average shelf either!!

Regards

John

· Premium Member
8,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 13 Jun 2007, 22:46) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I dread to think how much it would go for. I assume this is a static model but I'm not sure. How much garden would you need to run a beast of this size? Having said that it wouldn't fit on the average shelf either!!

Regards

John
I think you'd be talking park rather than garden. Would be nice though!

· Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 13 Jun 2007, 23:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think you'd be talking park rather than garden. Would be nice though!

Perhaps I'd better win the Euro millions!!

Regards

John

· Premium Member
2,740 Posts
There is an Australian company that makes HO examples. Could they not simply be reliveried and repackaged and sold under the Hornby or Bachmann branding in the UK and associated branding around Europe assuming a deal could be done at the right price production levels permitting?

It would have to be an order for at least 5000 blanks to be painted in China and I don't know if the Australian company could cope with that level of production.

Happy modelling
Gary

· Registered
764 Posts
pedro:

Does anyone know where the Beyer Peacock builders model for the AD60 class NSWGR Garrett is then ?? It would have been from the same period , and the AD60s were Beyer's Peacocks last loco for NSW so I assume there would have been one.

Sadly I don't (and almost certainly never will) have the space to run one with a sensible train....

· Premium Member
8,102 Posts
QUOTE (Gary @ 5 Jul 2007, 22:44) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>There is an Australian company that makes HO examples. Could they not simply be reliveried and repackaged and sold under the Hornby or Bachmann branding in the UK and associated branding around Europe assuming a deal could be done at the right price production levels permitting?

It would have to be an order for at least 5000 blanks to be painted in China and I don't know if the Australian company could cope with that level of production.

Happy modelling
Gary
The Eureka model is of a different variant from those that run in the UK. There were many different types of Garratt made and the NSW AD60 is the biggest ever made. However I think there would be enough demand in the UK and OZZ for Hornby or Bachmann to do a run of the NSW one.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.