Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Dogsbody
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this forum. I've noticed that everyone gets given a position on the railway, and one chap has got the company chairman's job !

I'm guessing that it has something to do with the number of visits or posts, or maybe both.

Are their rules, is it arbitary ?

Sorry if this information is somewhere on the site, haven't learnt the navigation skills yet to find it.

(I always wanted to be a train driver, maybe now I'll at least get the title !!!!!)

Bob

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
It's purely based on the number of posts. Promotion is rapid at first but then the gaps lengthen. I'm waiting to see what post Neil gets next....

David

·
is asleep
758 Posts
Yes, we're all waiting to see if there's anything still higher up the tree like Minister for Transport, Dr Beeching (controvertial!?), Skimbleshanks or The Stationmaster's Cat, or perhaps it will go towards railway pioneers and award an Isambard Kingdom Brunel et al.?! I'm hoping for a Fat Controller personally...

·
is asleep
758 Posts
Wow, Neil, I did notice you're now a 'Railways Czar'! Congratulations. Hmm, yes Fat Controller is best avoided perhaps...

·
Dogsbody
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
O K, it's the number of posts. Is there a way of being demoted - maybe when you take a long holiday away from thr internet ? I suppose being sacked is when a post (or two) gets you banned from the site.

If you're the station cat, you might get a cuddle from the fat controller - is this what is wanted I ask ?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I actually hadn't given it much thought and presumed it was just random.

Disregarding how many post it takes for each, is there a full list somewhere, or is it a case of post away and see what happens?

John

·
DT
4,794 Posts
QUOTE (john woodall @ 2 Feb 2009, 12:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I actually hadn't given it much thought and presumed it was just random.

Disregarding how many post it takes for each, is there a full list somewhere, or is it a case of post away and see what happens?

John
Lists have been compiled, search and you will find. I think that the titles yet to be reached are secret... nothing too weird though.

You can edit your oven title when you get to 250 posts though - we assume that you will not abuse the system when you get to that number of posts
Most people use it to put up their full name.

·
Dogsbody
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So I'll search to work out the company structure when there is nothing more interesting to do. Would it be possible to become something like the network president ? We have loads of presidents of one thing or another down here in South Africa, and I kid you not we also have a president of the whole country as well (I can't spell his name, they changed him a few months ago and we should be getting another one soon !)

Reading some of the topics asking for help, and replies providing the solutions, maybe there should be a "Trainer in Chief" - not sure if the pun works - but I have yet to find one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts