Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Diversion:
let me know how you get on with the Kadee uncoupler.
I've obviously used the between the rail jobies and the non electric under the track one which worked well but with light weight wagons they tender to attract them like bees to a honey pot.

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Electrics and modules.
The modules I've seen all use conventional stud and contact or push to make turnout control normally with a mimic panel let into the operating side of the panel. This works well. You then need a transformer, and CPU per module or every few modules.
The problem with DCC is we don't have a standard for the communications bus between manufacturers. However even as a Digitrax user I would have to accept that Xbus/Lenz is more common in Europe and make provision accordingly if thats what the majority of the club/group/ want. Similarly if the majority want DC control then that would have to be the control medium of choice. DCC is better suited to modular layouts then DC IMHO.

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
QUOTE If you go DCC you exclude a lot of people (including me!)

Good point, and if the modules were to be used for a layout at home, the bus could be simply re-adapted for DCC use there.

To me the modular concept is also important, leading the nomadic lifestyle isn't suited to perminent layouts bolted to the wall.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.