Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd mention the upcoming show here in York, I know that it's a popular event not just in the region but nationally too with many making the effort to visit from afar. Further details at the show's website: http://www.yorkshow.freeserve.co.uk/index.html. Though it doesn't mention the opening times on the site I can tell you it's 10am till 5pm each day. Please note that it's open Easter Sat, Sun and Mon; each year some poor confused soul turns up on Good Friday only to be disappointed.

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
> What, no one going?
Any other time of the year (well the academic year, which seems to be rather short), I would have two pretexts to be in York. Since the show is taking place at Easter weekend, they will both be at home emptying the fridge and filling the laundry basket..

You will just have to enjoy youself on my behalf. I did attend the show a couple of times in the late 70s when it was in the Assembly Rooms (which is now a trendy wine bar) and the de Grey rooms.

David

·
Registered
763 Posts
I'm hoping to get there on the Sunday, though its a bit of a stretch

I stayed in York a few years back at which point the Assemby Rooms were a pasta restuarant. Most disconcerting eating there - I looked down the room and kept expecting to see Cheviotdale or a stand selling Ks kits in the distance

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
>at which point the Assemby Rooms were a pasta restuarant
It still is. I was stretching reality a little.........

>I looked down the room and kept expecting to see Cheviotdale
For me it was Oxford, Rewley Road.

David

1 - 5 of 5 Posts