Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 32 Posts

· Premium Member
4,843 Posts
Personally, although I use DCC for loco control, I prefer to use a conventional points control system which, at a glance, gives me a visual indication of how points are set. With DCC you have to remember the code for each point accessory or have a list of them handy, all of which takes up time and can result in problems.

I'm currently in the process of building my main control panel which will control 26 sets of points plus 2 scissor crossings which equate to a further 8 sets of ponts.

I'm using Seep PM1 solenoid type point motors, operated via Masterswitches and DPDT switches set into the control panel. I have bicolour (Red/Green) LEDs set into the control panel which are also controlled by the Masterswitches and which, in conjuction with the switch position, give me an instant indication of how every point is set. It's just so easy to set routes when all you have to do is make sure you have a continuous run of green lights along the selected route.

· Premium Member
4,843 Posts
Hi Jag.

I have used Masterswitch V2s (available from Richard Johnson at DCC Concepts) which control both the operation of the point motor and the illumination of bi-colour Red/Green LEDs (also from Richard).

I am using Seep point motors which also control the polarity of the frog and below is the wiring diagram showing how it all goes together. If you have a look in my photo album you can see my Control Panel in operation.

Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.