Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Yes, it is impressive. I remember that we've talked about this layout a few times before. MMaD probably knows (or knows of) the owner. What is impressive is the amount it probably all cost. And the fact that he looked for a house that would be suitable for the model railway.

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
How come his layout has never been featured in "layouts that never leave home"?

You would think that the model railway paparazzi would be straight round to his home!

Happy modelling
Gary

·
is asleep
758 Posts
I did watch two of the videos but I must say I thought the layout was a bit bland...perhaps it was the low video quality, but it looked like contractors had built most of it and given that it wasn't finished in one area and yet there was no evidence of on going modelling I got the impression that some city banker had said in a deep scary voice, preferably through a smooth obsidian sphere with fire burning inside, "HERE IS £20,000 - BUILD ME A LAYOUT WORTHY OF MORDOR..."

The DCC part was quite informative I agree! At least if you like operating your models to signal blocks etc. or with auto-pilot!

Goedel

·
Registered
436 Posts
QUOTE (Gary @ 19 Sep 2007, 07:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>How come his layout has never been featured in "layouts that never leave home"?

You would think that the model railway paparazzi would be straight round to his home!

Happy modelling
Gary

Yes, this is the sort of layout that should grace the pages of our mags.

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (Gary @ 18 Sep 2007, 22:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You would think that the model railway paparazzi would be straight round to his home!

Happy modelling
Gary

Maybe he does not want them and/or their opinions ! (or want anyone to know the location).

To be quite honest, I would tend to agree with goedel.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE I did watch two of the videos but I must say I thought the layout was a bit bland...perhaps it was the low video quality, but it looked like contractors had built most of it and given that it wasn't finished in one area and yet there was no evidence of on going modelling I got the impression that some city banker had said in a deep scary voice, preferably through a smooth obsidian sphere with fire burning inside, "HERE IS £20,000 - BUILD ME A LAYOUT WORTHY OF MORDOR..."

I never really thought of Sauron as a railway modeller?

·
Registered
98 Posts
How come his layout has never been featured in "layouts that never leave home"?

Yes, this is the sort of layout that should grace the pages of our mags.

Keep up with the programme lads, its been in Railway Modeller and in one of their freebie DVD's already.

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Yes I've watched this many times before, there are direct links from the Digitrax site - impressive isn't it. Certainly it cost a lot of money and perhaps 1000's modelling hours to create. Does this Bloke have friends or just an obsession. Perhaps equally as impressive is Pete Waterman's O gauge Lemmington Spa.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I thought the stations spoiled it because they looked a little too continental but it is a very impressive layout although you would need a pretty large loft area to house that lot !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts