Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yes - sorry I should have specified
!

Why don't we do model, seeing as it's the 'model rail forum'?

·
Registered
763 Posts
Good call on Loch Rannoch dr5euss I used to see it heading in and out of Leeds station if i was queueing in the right place heading into work on a morning along with 405 and 411. Very sad to read about its untimely demise.
Lets see.... in the real world it'd have to be 60004 as i copped it at Carlisle station sat against the wall just ticking over and then returning from Scunthorpe to Doncaster last year saw it again near Thorne hauling hoppers. Could be one for hornby to do as it still carries EW&S on the sides.
Modelwise its hard to call but i do have a few bachmann rats or class 25's, the pick of the bunch being another Leeds celebrity D7672/25322 Tamworth Castle in 2 tone green.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I like my Hornby 0-6-0 fowler though for some odd reason the front hook fell off
but i still like it, but i recently got a hornby EX-GWR 0-4-0T, very nice model but not as smooth running

·
Registered
487 Posts
I have several diesel type locomotive produced by Hornby, Fleischmann, Bachmann and Heljan.
The best by far, is Heljan c33 33111 6572 BR Blue diesel locomotive. This model is heavy weighted, well designed and best of all controlled response from a crawl to high speed with only the sound emitted by the bogy wheels traversing over the track and points.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Although I'm a LNER modeller normally I do have a small collection of Rivarossi American outline loco's and without doubt the smoothest running and most powerful loco I own is the Nickel Plate Road 2-8-4 it's also quite awsome looking, but it's not British so I'm going to say the new Hornby A1 "Great Northern" is my pick. The A1 in original form is a really elegant loco and it's a superb runner but 8 coaches is about its lot on the local club layout.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts