Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys
I am currently involved in a project to make a replica of a very important Slot racing car Scalextric from the late 1940s.
The problem I am currently faced with is that the motor in this machine ,which is pivotal to the accuracy of the replica is a Zenith Motor
Now I can only assume that this motor originally came from a model railway engine ,and the only one I have ever seen looked very much like a K,s motor inasmuch as it had two magnets one at each end, and the concealed brush gear as per K,s
The 2 main differences between the zenith and the Ks was that the Zenith was a 7 pole(as opposedto a 5 pole) and the whole motor seemed to have a better standard of finish than the Ks being, cadmium plated all over
If anyone knows where I could source one of these ,even if it is a non runner I would be exremely pleased to hear from you
Many Thanks

CheersTony

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Pierre
Thanks for that ,I had no idea that there was more than one type of these motors. unfortunately not havingone i can,t even post a picuture of it
Now that you have confirmed it as a model railway motor I,ll try looking on E bay

CheersTony

1 - 2 of 2 Posts