Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Chief cook & bottle washer
3,001 Posts
The F is Function key (The buttons on your controller). If the overall sound has gone quiet, make sure that F27 is off and then press F28. F27 lowers the volume in real time and F28 raises it. If you can do it with your controller, set these two keys to momentary rather then latching. If this doesn't work use CV266 to raise or lower the volume. Read it's value first and then add to it in small (say 10 steps) until you get to where you want. I probably wouldn't go much more than 75 or 80.
Having said all that, it could be that your speaker is failing or failed.
Have a look here at the manual:

·
Chief cook & bottle washer
3,001 Posts
I've just realised that I didn't remember to ask how old your decoder is. If it's an older version it'll need updating.
Go to CV 396 and enter 27 then go to CV 397 and enter 28. You can also go the CV 395 to determine the maximum volume that you can achieve with F28, bearing in mind that that will never be more than what CV266 is set to. Another one if the version is high enough is a brake Funtion key. Find an unused F key (for instance F22) and go to CV309. Enter 22 (if that's the key you've chosen, just make sure it's unused). Then go to CV349 and enter 5 or 6. this gives the braking force I can't remember what version it needs to be use these CV's but if they don't work it's obviously too old a version.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts