Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have any idea on how to reset a ZTC sound decoder.
In this case it looks like it has been paired with a Lenz silver decoder. The lenz decoder will respond to an address change so i can control the loco but cannot figure out how to communicate wilth the ZTC module so still no sound working

Any ideas
Thanks
Bob

·
Registered
25 Posts
QUOTE (Bobm @ 7 Apr 2007, 18:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Does anybody have any idea on how to reset a ZTC sound decoder.
In this case it looks like it has been paired with a Lenz silver decoder. The lenz decoder will respond to an address change so i can control the loco but cannot figure out how to communicate wilth the ZTC module so still no sound working

Any ideas
Thanks
Bob

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Bob.

The ZTC sound manual has a small section relating to decoder reset on page 66, an extract follows you may need to read this section in full to reset.

Decoder Reset
An I2C error also indicates a hardware failure and the RDSD will be unable to remember any
changes made to the CV settings. Contact the factory for further assistance.
CV30 Default=0. Set default to 2. This implements a reset. After 30 seconds turn off the power,
wait 10 seconds then turn the power on again. CV30 Auto resets to 0. Then Set CV30 to 4 to reset
Decoder using the ZTC 511 OR 505.

Derek

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Derek,
I have tried everything I can using the manual to reset the module and gave up in the end . Sent the loco to ZTC for testing/reprogramming

Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts