Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
I buy quite a bit offline from my local model shop (a local shop for local people).I do pay more though often as I am passing anyway and there is no post cost on an online purchase ,its not a huge difference often .Sometimes it s.They do a layway scheme which is useful for buying a new but in short supply loco and saves me using an expensive credit card .My income is erratic and I find it useful .Once these shops go ,nothing replaces them and that happy experience of just looking round a model train shop and dreaming and later possibly buying ,will be gone forever .
A lot of the finescale stuff that few sell ,I just wait until I go to an exhibition .I do like to know just what I am buying and many smaller sites are just useless as there are no adequate illustration of the article.Digital photography is not rocket science .Kits should be shown before building ,not as a finished example done by some genius and with goodness knows what modification . Many kits are rubbish that needs a lot of work to make good .I can do this sort of work but many cannot and at one time I couldnt .The customer deserves better.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.